healingartplay: now: artfulplaying.blogspot.com

healingartplay: now:  artfulplaying.blogspot.com
where work lives

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

spam

I am happy to be a poet and have a poetic nature.
With this posting, I will attempt to describe my recent frustrations with technology - to me,
spam is the central focus of my irritations.  Spam can be different things to different people.

Is it a substitute for more meaningful dialogue?

Does it bookmark relationships?

Can it create distance?  And, if so, should it?

Why do we spam?


spam

looking in my inbox
I spied
what I thought were photographs of
a beloved family member
I miss him.
I quickly pressed the download key
and instant gratification
the reward was a small slice of how his life
might have been this last week seen through the
eyes of the adults capturing
boats, kayaks lined up like a Sports Illustrated centerfold
boys in the water
a bonfire
the things of summer
to which
grandmothers can no longer access
because it is not in my job description
the inbox is crammed
computer halts my project
a emptying process is required immediately
echoing my longing arms without the boy of my dreams
the machine is restarted
all is well
or so it seems
am I left with spam, a substitute
or a continuation of my life
without him?

No comments:

My Books and Articles and Poetry

My Blog List

Followers

Playful Art Searching