healingartplay: now: artfulplaying.blogspot.com

healingartplay: now:  artfulplaying.blogspot.com
where work lives

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How to Play Well

spend time alone each day
walk with the dog
hug the one(s) you love
put your hands in the dirt
run your fingers through your hair
and fiber
and across your loved one's chest
listen to the leaves rustle
watch the flowers bloom in the fall
lavender asters
amid poke salad berries handing overhead
rock faces always permanent and ever changing
hear the noises of a changing sky
birds on the wing
and acorns not falling any more.

2 comments:

bowledover said...

Hi Donna. I like this post and the site.
Do you know today is Blog Action Day and when bloggers across the world, can opt in to talk on a common theme, discussing world events.
The theme today is water and the lack of it in developing countries.
If you have time just pop over to my place and see what I mean. I,we,they are not after your money. Just to raise awareness.
Even the White House has blogged today.
I hope that you feel able to pop across the pond for a look.
Be well and a hug to Sue.

Donna B Good said...

hello there, just got your post.
Yes, water is in short supply here making us even more conscious of the world and the droughts. I do believe in global warming, I do, I do. I am recycling everything and look for every way to conserve. We have two rain barrels which have been in use this year - thanks for passing on the info and I will check out your side of the pond!

My Books and Articles and Poetry

My Blog List

Followers

Playful Art Searching